I used to think that making manicotti was to difficult for me!! I don’t know why I thought it would be hard!!! I do have a little cheat that I discovered the very first time I tried to make it! (see below)
Manicotti is a family favorite!! And, I’m going to go ahead and say right now, there is really nothing healthy about this particular recipe!!! Jordan loves it and since he is the only one in the family that worked (paged for a Senator, you know!) today then I told him I would make it tonight.
- 1 lb ground beef (we buy a side of beef – very lean and never even has to be drained)
- onion, to taste
- garlic, to taste (tonight I just put in a little garlic salt instead)
- 1 package manicotti
- mozzarella cheese, shredded (1-2 cups)
- cheddar (or your choice of kind – I think I used Colby Jack tonight) cheese, shredded (1-2 cups)
- spaghetti sauce (I use the kind that comes out of a can cause I’m me – feel free to make your own sauce)
Heat oven to 350 and spray a 9 x 13 pan.
Drain the manicotti. To make the job of filling it easier, I always just slit the pasta up the side and fill it like a tortilla:So much easier than trying to stuff the filling into the shell!!! (and no one will ever know unless you tell them!)
We like to eat this with garlic bread, corn and salad! (see, one healthy option!!)