I love chili – all types!!! I really like white chicken chili! And, if it can be made in the crock pot then it is a definite winner in my book!!!
This recipe is super easy and delicious!! I’ve made it 2 different times and both times it has been a meal that we end up scraping all of it out of the crock pot!!!
White Chicken Chili
- about 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 – 2 T vegetable oil
- garlic – I did about a spoonful
- chicken – I always used diced, cooked chicken breast
- 1 can Great Northern beans
- 1 can green chilies
- jalapeño, if desired – I used some from a can – about 2 spoonfuls
- 2.5-3 c chicken broth
- Oregano – I just shook some in about 1-2 t
- cumin – again I just shook some in
- salt, to tast
- sour cream or plain yogurt – about 3 spoonfuls (I always use fat-free of either of these but you can use whatever style you choose!!)
- shredded cheese, 1.5-2 c
Saute the onion in the oil until tender. Because I used my Ninja crock pot, I just did this right in the crock pot (no extra dishes to wash!!).
Add the garlic, chicken, beans, green chills, jalapeño, oregano, cumin, salt and chicken broth.
Cook on low 4-6 hours.
30 minutes before serving add sour cream or yogurt and cheese.
Heat through (about 20-30 minutes).
Serve and enjoy!!
The creaminess of this chili and the tiny bit of heat from the peppers make it the perfect winter dish!!!