Today’s 44 was one of those great combo moves that I love!! I did an alternating arm chest press on a bench with my legs at about 45 degrees (to work my core!).
I counted a right and a left chest press as 1 rep. This was a good move – my abs were dying by the time I reached 44 reps! (15 pound dumbbells)
I decided that today was a good day for some Turbo Jam – Cardio Party 3. Working out with Chalean and her crew is always a great way to start the day – good workout and some fun at the same time!!!
1. I have spent the past 2 days painting – ALL DAY!! One of the apartments above our new venue has been vacant for a week and I needed to get it ready to rent out again.
I know the pictures aren’t great – chalk it up to being tired!!! The walls were very dingy and mismatched before. Now they are all a nice tan color (very rich looking!!) except the bathroom which I painted white because it is so small. I don’t know if you can tell from the before shot but it was 2 shades of green (even the ceiling was painted!).
2. While painting, I showed the apartment 3 times!!! We have a new tenant and I love her!!! She is the sweetest lady (probably helped that she has raised 6 kids) and yesterday when she came back by to sign everything, she hugged me (nasty, sweaty, paint covered and all) when she left!!!
And – our sweet new tenant asked me who did the gardening (there is quite a bit around the entire house!!). I told her that would be me if you counted pulling weeds since that is all I’ve attempted so far and I have a black thumb!!! She asked if she could work in them!!! Ummm….YES!!! Work in them as much as you like! She said she loves gardening!!! (Look, someone offered to help and I didn’t even have to ask – bonus!!)
3. Last week I scrambled around for dinner pretty much every night and I had big plans to do better this week. Epic fail!!!! I didn’t plan a single thing – gonna have to go with a lot of stand-bys this week!!!
4. I wish I were here –
5. The Amazing Race started a new season last night – WooHoo!!!
6. My awesome sister-in-law, Stacy, ran her first half marathon yesterday – 2:02 on a very hilly course! She totally rocks!!!
7. As much as I would love to share more of the thoughts pinging around in my head, it’s time for me to get on with my day!!!
What thoughts are bouncing around in your head this morning?