The other day Deb at Deb Runs tagged me to do a Random Fact Post – 10 Random Facts. I asked for some input from Chris and the boys for my random facts because I sort of feel like I’ve shared a lot – they just sort of rolled their eyes – RUDE!!!
So, here are some random facts that you might not know about me.
1. Even though most of the pictures I post on here are me in workout clothes, I actually wear “real” clothes most days, too.
2. When I was growing up, my mom used to make me wear dresses/skirts only (no pants, jeans or shorts) – I hated it. Now in the summer I prefer dresses!!!
3. I refuse to buy green peas – even when the boys where babies it was one of the few baby foods they never had. I hate everything about peas – the color, the smell, the texture and the taste!!!
4. I don’t believe in throwing up!!!
5. I am a minimalist with make-up – a little mascara and some lipstick and I’m set!!
6. In college, I had long hair (which I kept spiraled permed) and I always pulled it back into a ponytail with a large bow. In fact, I usually got special bows for big races (like Nationals)!!!
7. After grad school I coached cross country and track at the same university I graduated from for 2 years.
8. When I was about 24, I went on a college ski trip (it was one of the years I was coaching) and right before the trip one of the girls on the track team gave me hair extensions (it took about 8-9 hours).
9. I love my boys with every fiber of my being but my 2 favorite men will always be these 2 –
10. My boys think that I ask them if they are OK way too often.
I decided that I would share a true “Day-with-kt.”
Tuesday, June 3
5:00 am – alarm goes off. Always loud and annoying but I get up because otherwise my workout clothes would just mock me later!!!
By 9:00 am, I had done my 44, run 15 miles (while catching up on some of The Bachelorette – not all because there were 2 episodes!!), started dinner in the crock pot –
and made something for the boys to have for lunch –
(small glimpse into our fridge!!). I was almost done cleaning up from the cooking when Jordan made his first appearance of the day – but at least 9 is earlier than 11:30!!! (Hunter had already been in for breakfast closer to 8.)
After a quick shower and primp time, I was ready for the day –
Hunter and I ran to Target – he wanted to use some of his money for a new X-Box game and I had to get basics – toilet paper, paper towels – fun stuff for sure!!!
11:00 am – back home, stuff put up and ready to head downtown to meet a friend for lunch!!!
The only bummer about going downtown – metered parking!!! I had exactly 1 quarter (15 minutes of parking). Thankfully I had 2 dollar bills (I rarely have cash!) and I ran into a bar near where I parked to get change!!! It was a trek to get to the place we were meeting but I’m all about adding steps!!!
Lunch was fun!!! Then, it was time to get busy!!!
I had to stop by our venue (fairly close to downtown!) and drop off a pile of stuff from my car –
I was so excited Saturday when we stopped by a friend’s house that was doing a moving sale – they had a nearly new microwave for $20!!! And, the large black tub is full of clean tablecloths just waiting to get ironed again (Thursday’s fun!)!!!
After unloading, collecting mail and rent from our tenants, I headed to the liquor store!!! This was actually a work trip!!! We are bar tending (our first time) at an event on Saturday, and I had to get the stuff we need.
3:00 pm – home for a short time. Talked to the boys a few minutes (sad how little time I spent with them yesterday but today is completely different and we have plans for the swim beach!!), then headed out to my “office” –
It was actually hotter than normal out there yesterday afternoon!!!
Chris got home around 3:30 and I chatted with him until about 4:15 then I had to get ready to head out again.
The best part about driving back to the venue this time – I chatted with Stacy (sis-in-law) the entire time! We are trying to plan a little meet-up for July – much needed get-away!!!
5:15 pm – meeting with a June bride and her fiancé to discuss how they want everything set up for their special day!! Always fun to be part of such a happy occasion!!!
6:00 pm – one of my favorite events every month – Hair Night!!! I have mentioned before that I’ve been going to Jennifer for over 13 years – every 4 weeks (joy of short hair) and it is always fun!!!
8:30 pm – home!!!! I had a pork sandwich while talking to Chris a bit. Read a few blogs but sadly yesterday was one of those days were I didn’t get to do much blog reading/commenting.
I thought about writing this post last night but instead decided to get to bed before 10:00 for a change!!!
Of course, the 15 miles helped on the steps but about 6,500 of those steps were done in these shoes with heels!!
Well, it’s time to get going with a new day!!! I’m happy that this one will have a little less driving around and more time to hang with the boys!!!