Today I took a couple of basic moves and combined them for the 44. I did a squat with a row. But, I wanted to make it even more challenging so I made the squat a jump squat.
I used my kettlebell for the rows – 20 pounds. This move got my heart rate way up there!!!
I don’t always work out on the weekend but since I took the entire past week off I decided to do a short workout today. I did Turbo Jam, Cardio Party 2. It is amazing how much conditioning you can lose in a short time – I was huffing and puffing through most of this workout!
- Sleep until I wake up and skip the normal 5:00 am wake-up alarm. Some days I wake up and feel guilty if I don’t get up super early but I’m going to give myself these couple of weeks to sleep without guilt!
- Go simple with meals – use the crock pot as much as possible to make life easier. (I actually do this a lot but sometimes around the holidays I feel like meals have to be more elaborate and this year I’m letting that go.)
- Spend time doing things that aren’t productive – TV, computer stuff (not work related), reading.
- Hang out – after this Christmas break, Jordan only has 3 more before he will not always be home with us. I want to take advantage of the time and
make the boysspend time together playing games or whatever.
- Enjoy life and not be stressing or rushing around thinking about lists and things that need to be done. This one will be hard because I spend most of my time thinking about the next thing and the next and the next…
What are you giving yourself permission to do? Is it hard for you to relax without feeling guilt?