Today I took the basic plank and turned it into a great 44. This move include core strength, hip flexor action and shoulder work.
Put your right hand down while stepping your right leg back (to plank position), put left hand down while stepping left leg back – step in with right leg and take right hand off the ground, step in with left leg while taking left hand off the ground. (Just watch the video!!!)
The only bad part of using this for my 44 was that after I finished all 44, I had to start over and lead with my left side!!!
Today I went back to one of my favorite workouts – Les Mills Combat – Combat 60, Extreme Cardio Fighter. This workout is almost an hour but doesn’t feel like it – the way it is broken into segments and the high energy of the Les Mills team make the time fly by. I can already feel it in my shoulders and upper back (been awhile since I did that many punches!!).
I thought that it would be fun to share some random things you might not already know about me.
1. I lived in the dorm all 4 years of college.
2. From kindergarten to my senior year of high school, I attended 9 different schools. (In 8th grade alone, I went to 3 different schools).
3. I have a twin brother and my dad had a twin sister.
4. I have Raynaud’s –
After I finish working out my hands are always freezing and turn white (almost transparent). I wear gloves with shorts a lot – I’m super cool like that!!!
5. I didn’t lift weights or cross train until I was in my mid-30s. Now I can’t imagine my life without a huge variety of workouts!
6. I like Mac & Cheese for lunch (even when there are no kids around!!).
7. I might have a slight shoe addiction!!! One day someone asked me how many pairs of shoes/boots/sandals…I had – Ummm…..we try not to actually count them!!!!
8. I rarely wear make-up – just some mascara and lip stick (maybe).
9. I used to be the Queen of the Snooze button!
When I went back to work after both boys were in school, it was the first time in my entire life that I didn’t hit the snooze button. Now I never use the snooze button.
10. I think I was around 27 before I ever really drank water (other than just a sip or 2). I used to drink Diet Coke ALL DAY long!!!
Your turn to share a fun random fact!!!