Pilates was the theme of the 44 for the day!! I did a standing mermaid (pilates move) with 4 knees across the body to complete each rep.
Besides being great for the core, this was really tough for my shoulders – holding my arms out to the side for the time required to complete all 44 reps was HARD!!! And, after I finished the first side I still had another set of 44 the other direction. My shoulders are still burning!
I also did a pilates DVD today – Burn & Firm Pilates. I really like the fact that even though it is pilates, the first 40 minutes or so is standing work and is a pretty decent cardio workout!
This Sunshine Award has been making rounds and 2 super sweet bloggers nominated me (even though I am so bad at this kind of thing!). I’m going to answer the questions because they are fun but I am not nominating anyone – I choose all of y’all!!!
Brooke @ Wrecking Routine (check out her blog if you don’t already read – she shares some great workout challenges plus she is just super cute!!) nominated me last week so I will start with her questions.
1. What are you too afraid to pursue right now, whether in your dreams, work or relationships? I’m really doubting my ability to run the 50 mile race in less than 4 weeks.
2. Why did you start your blog? to document my daily 43s!!
3. What is your Zodiac sign? Virgo but don’t ask me what that says about me because I don’t have a clue!!
4. What’s your favorite thing about blogging? Hands down, the wonderful bloggers that I have gotten to know!!
5. If money wasn’t an option, what country/island would you explore for a week? Australia
6. What do you love about your body? I love how strong my body is!!!
7. Tell me your favorite season and give me 2 reasons why. Summer – sun and fun!!
8. Do you believe in love at first sight? YES!! Chris and I drove to Austin, TX (from Lubbock, TX – 7 hours) for our first date (to a concert). He told me later that he knew on the way to Austin that I was the person he was going to marry – 17.5 years of marriage later still very much in love!!
9. If you could use only 1 beauty product for the rest of your life what would your choose? Hmmm…..I’m fairly low maintenance with stuff like that – probably my favorite lotion from Bath & Body (white tea & ginger).
10. Describe your perfect day from start to finish. Wake up naturally (no alarm!!), go for a run on the beach, hang out with my family on the the beach, watch the sunset over the water – so, it needs to include my family, the beach and running – simple!!!
Kristen @ 31 Million Seconds (love her blog – sometimes funny, sometimes serious, always great) nominated me on Monday and had another fun set of questions so here are some more random facts about me.
1. Night owl or early bird? Well, since I get up at 5:00 am I guess I have to say early bird.
2. Would you rather be hot or cold? HOT!! Being cold makes me cranky!!
3. If you could only eat one thing, every meal, for the rest of your life, what would it be? Pizza – still meeting all the food groups and there are lots of different kinds!!!
4. If you could have any superpower, what would it be? the ability to go without sleep – I could get so much more done every day!!
5. What did you want to be when you grew up? I thought I would go to med school and be an orthopedic surgeon. After Chris & I got married I took the MCAT but never really pursued it beyond that and then we had kids and that was the end of that!
6. What do you miss most about being a kid right now? school – I’m a nerd!!
7. If you had one hour of free time right now what would you do with it? probably read more blogs
8. What’s the most played song on your iPod? Zac Brown Band – Toes
9. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? HAWAII!!!
10. If you could time travel, either into the past or into the future, where would you go? Hmmm….not sure that I would do either!
Even though I’m super lame and not nominating other bloggers, feel free to pick a question or 10 and share your answers – I love learning random facts about all of y’all!!