Today’s 44 was another plank variation – using my BOSU!!! I flipped the BOSU over and did a plank with my toes on it. Then I alternated stepping my feet off and back on.
My arms were shaking by the time I finished all 44 reps – between holding plank (2:10) and the balance challenge from using the BOSU upside down – this was tough!!!
I know that everyone develops their own traditions over the years – some are passed down from generation to generation and others are new. I thought today I would share a few of our favorite Christmas traditions.
1. Since we have trees in every room, we use the tree in our down-stairs living room to put presents under.
2. We open presents on Christmas Eve and we always just do 1 at a time. I like doing it this way because we can actually watch everyone opening their gifts and take time to really appreciate all of them!
I might be as excited about this one as Hunter!!! Maybe I can learn to play again, too!
Jordan with 3-D glasses – nice!!! Funny, no pictures of me – I have the camera(s)!!!
3. On Christmas Eve we use our raclette grill and have a fun contest! We all cook shrimp, chicken and steak and vote on the winner in each category and the over-all. It is fun to make different seasonings and marinades.
There are times that Hunter will put some of each seasoning in his mixture – fun times!!!
Jordan and Chris were the top winners this year. I didn’t get a single vote!!
4. On Christmas morning, we get to check our stockings!! We always have stockings in our upstairs living room.
This tradition has changed as the boys have gotten older. Now they get dressed first (notice how Hunter went with red & green?!) and I’m wearing my sweaty running stuff because I had already gotten in almost 6 miles! Still a fun tradition!!
5. We always have Reindeer Bread for breakfast after stockings!
I think a lot of people call this Bubble Bread or Monkey Bread but in our family it is Reindeer Bread no matter what time of year we have it!
So, just a few of our favorite ways to enjoy Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
What are some of your favorite family traditions?