This recipe is an adaptation of one from The 1500 Calorie a Day Cookbook by Betty Crocker.
- olive oil
- pork tenderloin, cut into bite-size pieces (I used the whole thing – about 3 lb)
- chopped onion (about 1 c)
- minced garlic (I used a spoonful)
- frozen corn (I had about 8-10oz left in a bag so I used it all)
- 2 cans chicken broth
- chunky style salsa (I used about 1.5 c)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- fresh cilantro, chopped
Put the oil in a dutch oven over medium heat and cook the pork until no longer pink. Add the onions and garlic to continue cooking. Stir in the corn, broth, salsa and pepper and let simmer. (I let it simmer about an hour.) Right before serving, stir in the tomato and cilantro.