Today I did 44 alternate leg extensions while in a V-sit. (Actually it was 88 because I counted a right extension and a left extension as 1 rep.)
By the time I finished these, my abs were burning and I got a pretty good workout for my hip flexors!!!
And I did my final run before Saturday night!!!
After the overly personal post from yesterday (thanks for all of your incredibly kind words!!!), I thought today it would be nice just to have a fun post about my favorite state!!!
I’m pretty sure I’ve made no secret of the fact that even though we live in Kansas, I’m from TEXAS!!!
Here are some Texas facts that you may or may not have heard before:
1. Texas is home to 3 of the 10 largest cities in the United States. (6 of the top 20)
7 San Antonio
16 Ft. Worth
19 El Paso
3. Texas has more than 600 miles of coastline.
5. You can eat at a different barbecue place every day of the year without visiting the same place twice!!
6. When Texas was annexed in 1845, it retained the right to fly its flag at the same height as the national flag.
7. Each year Amarillo hosts the World’s Largest Calf Fry Cook-Off. “Calf fries” are bull testicles. (I’ve never eaten these and have no plans to anytime soon!)
9. The highest temperature ever recorded in Texas was 120° F in Seymour on August 12, 1936. The lowest temperature ever recorded was -23° F at Tulia in 1899 and at Seminole on February 8, 1933.
10. The world’s largest (and oldest) rattlesnake roundup is held every March in Sweetwater, Texas.
11. The King Ranch in Texas is bigger than the state of Rhode Island.
12. The armadillo is the official state mammal.
13. More land is farmed in Texas than in any other state.
14. Beaumont to El Paso: 742 miles, Beaumont to Chicago: 770 miles. El Paso is closer to California than to Dallas.
15. High school football is a way of life.
What’s a fun fact about your state?