Today was cold!!! (not as cold as those really northern states but I’m a Texas girl living in Kansas!) Between the cold, my sore throat and Hunter’s new braces – soup of some sort was on the menu!!! This “chili” was perfect!!!
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 package diced, cooked chicken breasts (we get this at Dillons)
- 1/2 c onion chopped
- 1 spoonful minced garlic (I’m lazy and buy it in the jar!)
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1-2 t chili powder
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 can Great Northern beans (I never rinse or drain my beans!)
- 1 can chopped green chilies
- 1 small carton fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 c chopped cilantro (or to taste – I love cilantro)
In Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Stir in chicken (mine was still frozen), onions and garlic. Add remaining ingredients except yogurt and cilantro. Mix and let simmer (I let mine simmer about 1 hour – I think soup or chili can never simmer too long!!!). Turn off heat and stir in yogurt and cilantro.
So good!!! Enjoy!!!