Today for my daily 43, I took another move from one of my Combat work-outs! This one is just plain fun!!!
The move is actually a combo:
- upper cut
- upper cut
- 4 jumping jabs back
(This might be my most uncoordinated looking demo yet!!!!) And, quite frankly, I don’t think it matters which arm does which punch – just pick a way and go with it!!! Then, switch sides and do 43 (or whatever # you choose :Happy:) more.
Check out my cool Combat gloves:
Wearing them makes me feel like a true combat fighter!!!
The rest of my work-out today was – wait for it… Les Mills Combat. Combat 30 was up for today – this one is short (30 minutes) but pretty intense!! Good news – 8 more jump kicks on each leg!!!
I have been blogging for almost 5 months and for some reason the past 2 nights I have laid in bed wide-awake(for way too many hours!!!) thinking about my blog. Here’s what my sleep-deprived mind came up with:
- I started my blog because I thought that this year in addition to running my age on my birthday (as I have for a few years now), I would carry the age thing a step further. I thought (still think, actually) it would be fun to pick a different exercise/move and do the # of reps = to my age (43 as we all know by now!!!).
- I thought sharing them on a blog would do a couple of things. First, it helps keep me accountable! Second, I thought it would be a great way to share the idea of doing something active every day. I realize that 43 is sort-of extreme for some (and not enough for others) but 5-10 is doable for everyone!!!
- When I first started the blog, I thought I would only post about the daily 43. However, I realized after a short time that I actually really enjoy writing other stuff, too. I like looking for silly pictures or funny quotes. I love having a place to record little parts of my day (hence the name – daywithkt)!
- I think that there is a true blogging community (as evidence by the fact that I see the same names over and over on lots of the blogs I enjoy reading). At some point I hope to be a bigger part of the growing community of fitness bloggers!
- I have been told that blogging is “self-indulgent” and I think that to a large extent it is. But it is also nice to have a place to share thoughts and ideas on a particular topic. For me, it is almost like a public form of my work-out log (and I’m OK with that!).
Writing out this little list has helped remind me why I started blogging – it had nothing to do with having lots of readers (although I wouldn’t mind that), lots of comments (also something I wouldn’t be opposed to) – I needed to remind myself to enjoy blogging and not become consumed by it.
I also need to remind myself not to compare my blog to any other blogs – defeats the point of my goal with blogging!!!So, I hope that taking the time to write all of this down will
help me sleep better tonight help me stay focused on why I wanted to do a blog in the first place!!!
Happy Saturday – look I made a special treat for the boys breakfast!
(French toast – not my thing but they really like it!!!)