Today I did a crunch with a punch for my 44. A pretty basic move but clasping my hands and punching between my legs forced me to come up higher on the crunch part.
This was a fairly simple move but I always need to work my core!!
(Yes, we still have up our Christmas trees – we always leave them up through New Year’s!!! I will undecorate this weekend.)
I’m fixing to head down and hop on my treadmill for a nice easy run to kick off the new year. This has been a tradition of mine for years – even last year when I had a stress fracture in my hip I broke the no-running rule and ran on January 1!!!
I don’t do New Year’s resolutions – they don’t work for me.
However, I do have a list of things that I want to try in the new year. This list will probably grow as the year goes on but a few of the things include:
1. Quinoa – I have seen so many tasty looking recipes for this that I am finally going to try it!!!
2. Spaghetti Squash – This is something else that I have never had (don’t be shocked!) and plan to try out this year.
3. FitBit – I had a special offer savings at Best Buy and a couple of gift cards so I ended up getting a FitBit Force this week for $2.44 (can’t beat that!!). I’m going to try tracking my daily activity and sleep patterns. In the past 2 days I have already seen how inactive I am – gonna work on that.
4. Reconnecting – This past fall I have done a horrible job staying in touch with many of my friends and I am going to make more effort this year to stay connected!
5. Experimenting – I love making new recipes but they are often just a variation of something I already make. This year I want to be more adventurous in the kitchen. One year I tried cooking from other countries and I’m going to bring that back!!!
6. Growing our Business – I’ve had 4 months now to get my feet wet as a business owner. Now
I think I’m ready to try to expand the business.
7. Living every day to the fullest!!! Above all, I want this year to be enjoyed. I want to spend time with my boys and Chris having fun and appreciating all of the little things that come along every day!
Happy Wednesday and Happy 2014!!!