In honor of Halloween, I thought I would change my 43 a little today and instead of doing 43 of a single exercise, I did 43 exercises for a minute each!!! No tricks here – all “treats”!!!
The 43 Plan: (notice – there is NO break in between each exercise!)
- Jog in place
- Butt kicks
- Mountain climbers
- Right knee repeater
- Left knee repeater
- Right leg – single leg hops – in place – for height
- Left leg – single leg hops – in place – for height
- Squat with feet together – don’t come all the way out of the squat at the top
- Hold plank (on hands)
- High knees
- Jumping jacks
- Tricep extensions – both arms – 8 pound dumbbells
- Right leg forward lunge – push off right heel to stand each time
- Left leg forward lunge – push off left heel to stand each time
- Plank jacks
- Shoulder press – 8 pound dumbbells
- Plie squat – jump to right side kick
- Plie squat – jump to left side kick
- Speed skaters – reach opposite hand to foot
- Double-leg hops – front and back
- Burpees with jump at top
- Step-touch (a small breather!!!)
- Tuck jumps
- Biceps curls (both arms) – 8 pound dumbbells
- Right leg – front kick-back kick
- Left leg – front kick-back kick
- Alternate jumping lunges
- Hold right side plank (on elbow)
- Hold left side plank (on elbow)
- Right snap kick (hitch jump with left leg to right kick)
- Left snap kick (hitch jump with right leg to left kick)
- Walking lunges
- Plie with calf raise (stay in plie the entire minute)
- Rows – 8 pound dumbbells
- Push-ups on toes
- Alternate jabs to front – stay in low plie – twist at waist
- Stiff leg dead lift – 8 pound dumbbells
- Right leg single-leg squat
- Left leg single-leg squat
- Alternate side bends – 8 pound dumbbells
- Leg swing (pendulum) – opposite arm punches up
I used my Gymboss timer which made it super easy to get a full minute for each exercise without watching the clock.
I just set the timer for 1 minute with only 1 interval (you can put in 2 if you want a recovery interval) and set the counter at 43. Simple – at the end of each minute it chimed and started right into the next minute count-down!!
(I think you can get them through Amazon, also.)
This 43 really was a treat – I was surprised at how quickly the 43 minutes went. Try your own version – maybe a 26, a 32 – whatever you can do!!!
I pulled down my Halloween Martini glass – I figure I will have a true treat later tonight!!!!
I’m going to get some Halloween candy today (finally). I haven’t bought any because I knew that it wouldn’t last till tonight if I did –
the boys Chris I would eat it!!!! Now I will just eat whatever is left after tonight!!!
Do y’all like Halloween? Do you dress up? I have to be honest – I’m really not a huge Halloween fan – don’t know why – just how things are!