Sometimes (especially lately) I feel like I live by my calendar!!! I have a great calendar app (Sunrise) that keeps us all synced together – I even get the high school band stuff, FB birthdays…..
I used to be a little more spontaneous but I feel like I am in a total scheduled rut these days!!
Between the boys activities and homework, Chris’ work schedule and the event venue I feel like every day is packed with stuff to-do but lacks the time for those little spontaneous things that keep life fun!!
I wish we still lived in a time when it was acceptable to just “pop over” and catch up with someone but that isn’t done anymore.
Thankfully there are still those totally unexpected things that come up during the day and even though they might cause stress at the start, often they end up being the best experience ever!
I need to work on being more spontaneous – can I schedule that?! (just kidding – sort of!)
Are you spontaneous by nature? Do you try to add spontaneity into your life?
BTW – I’m linking up with Deb (DebRuns) for her Wednesday Word.
I set my steps up end-to-end and put my feet on the taller one with my hands on the shorter one –
This move was hard – the tricep push-up is what killed me!!!
I ran 10 miles (74:28) followed by an easy mile.
Tuesday 4/7 - 45 V-sit on vertical foam roller with open/close arms. This move is a variation of a move from Lindsay (Cotter Crunch) and her 3 New Core Moves – she did the move as a stationary move focusing on holding. I knew I couldn’t do 45 long holds so I adapted it.
This move might look easy but it was HARD!!!
I did Denise Austin’s Personal Training DVD – always a fun workout for the entire body!! I even did the stretching segment!!
Wednesday 4/8 - 45 hinged barbell pulls.
The key to this move was keeping everything still except the arms.
I only had time for 6 miles (44:17) followed by a cool down mile.
Thursday 4/9 - 45 side plank with a leg sweep front-back-front.
Move the top leg back to the front to complete the rep. This took longer than I expected – I had to pause a couple times before completing all 45 reps. And, then I had to flip over and do some more!
Bring that leg to the front to complete 1 rep! I guess I didn’t use any cool “toys” for this move – oops!!
I did Les Mills Combat – Ultimate Warriors – 60 minutes of fast paced punching and kicking!!!
Friday 4/10 - 45 shoulder presses with a chair. I was a slug and slept till 6:00 so I didn’t get my workout done early. I had my 3rd day of cleaning/set-up at the venue for the past 4 so I decided to do my 45 once I got to the venue.
I used one of our chairs – I held it in front of my chest with both hands (by the front legs) and pressed my arms overhead before lowering to a 90 degree bend. Sort of a fun way to work my shoulders!!
Saturday 4/11 - 45 sidearm triceps extensions.
Can you tell the pictures are after my run? I put my shirt back on for them since I’m not super happy with my abs these days.
I ran 10 miles (73:50) followed by 1.5 easy miles.
Do you like to experiment with new uses for standard equipment?
I like to use different pieces of equipment especially in new ways!!!
1. Did you know – The fox doesn’t really say any of the things in that catchy song!!! There is a red fox that roams our neighborhood and sometimes at night it gets on our back deck and garage roof. It is LOUD!!!! The first time I heard it I thought it was a baby crying or a cat fight.
It is a very creepy sound in the middle of the night right outside your bedroom!!!
2. Did you know – it is virtually impossible to find reliable people for any type of service (at least here in Topeka). We have struggled with plumbers, electricians, car maintenance – I don’t understand why people can’t just do their jobs and do them WELL!!!
3. Did you know – Holidays often make me sad because we don’t have family to share the day(s) with. Many times we do things with good friends instead which is always great. I dropped the ball (basically was lazy) and we didn’t have any plans for Easter so we just hung out together.
4. Did you know – with all of the running I have done in 2015 I haven’t done as much strength training or other workouts and as a result I have put on some pounds that I don’t really want!!!
I think it’s time for some –
5. Did you know – I had a giveaway last week for my friend Kristi Pelton’s newest book – Slick and the winner is……
WooHoo – congratulations to Kris!!!!
6. Did you know – It’s Fun Friday!!! Happy Friday!!